Prior to patent filing, patent draft preparation seems a cumbersome task. But you can make things simple for you. Patent filing service help you to prepare patent applications as per the rules and demands of the patent office. Indeed the requirements are particular and demand strict compliance. Therefore, patent filing services are there to help. These are the end to end (E2E) services that provide assistance and prepare documents. The documents prepared are as per the USPTO or any other patent office requirements, depending upon the jurisdiction.
The Ultimate Benefits of Patent Filing Service
You can go about filing a patent application on your own. But this can become a bulky task if you are a first time filer. With patent filing service this hefty task is no longer only yours, but there is precise distribution of responsibilities among the professionals.
Your part is to provide them with the data and what you get is wholesome information in return. Below are some of the go to advantages of patent filing service:
- Reduced Burden: patent filing involves preparation of a detailed draft. This draft meets the details of the patent office. Preparing such a draft becomes a cumbersome task if you are filing patent for the very first time. By taking patent filing service you can lessen this burden on yourself and can get an organized patent draft prepared all at once.
- Patent Filing with the USPTO: the United States Patent and Trademark Office is quite strict about their patent filing rules. Even if single of the information went here and there; it would lead to serious consequences. And with serious consequences we mean multiple office actions and even patent rejection. But, with patent filing service, the professionals prepare such a draft which is as per the patent filing rules.
- Meet all the Deadlines right on time: deadlines are something a person needs to take care of while patent application filing. This involves responding to the patent office actions right on/within time, filing IDS on time, etc. By taking patent filing service, you will get notice for all the deadlines and will get timely reminders.This practice ensures opportune deliverability of the requirements, which ultimately works in your favor.
- Less or no office actions: a patent professional knows what all must the patent office demand for at the time of patent filing. Moreover, one gets to know if their invention is actually meets the patentability criteria, beforehand. Hence, this ultimately reduces the number of office actions and speeds up the patent prosecution.
- Early patent grant: if everything moves as per the patent office requirements and there is nothing pending at your end. Then there are high chances of you getting timely patent enforceability for your invention.
Also Read: Patent Filing Cost
Types of Patent Application
There are multiple types of patent applications. The classification of patent applications is as per the context:
- Provisional: this is the incomplete application. It is rundown of claims, oath or declaration and public disclosure. But, it holds its importance in setting a priority date for your invention.
- Non-Provisional: also known as ordinary/complete application. This is the most crucial application, as this application is subject to examination by the patent office examiner. If you file a provisional patent application, then be mindful of filing the complete application within a period of 12 months.
- International: you file an international application when you want patent grant in multiple jurisdictions. Also, there is no need to file separate application for every jurisdiction. Simply file one PCT or Paris Convention Application and you will simultaneously file patent in multiple jurisdictions.
- Divisional: you file a divisional patent application on a later stage. This is when if you come to know that the pending patent application has more than one invention present.
- Patent of Addition: this application comes into play when the applicant wishes to make improvement or modifications in the previously disclosed complete application.
- Reissue Application: this application takes place of a previous complete application for an unexpired patent which is defective. The defect is mainly in the specification part or drawings, etc. Under these circumstances the applicant can file a reissue patent application. Mind you, the reissue application should not introduce any new claims that were previously disclosed in the non-provisional application. Moreover, this application doesn’t get a new patent term and will survive for the unexpired term of the original patent.
- Continuation-in-Part Application: as the name suggest, you file a continuation-in-part application when you add new matter that was left out in the previous disclosure. With filing continuation-in-part application, you get a new priority date for the newly added material. Whereas, the priority date of filing of previous application for the old material will remain the same.
Note: Consider taking up patent filing service I you are in need of filing the above mentioned applications. As the requirements for different applications is different.
Patent Filing Service at The Patent Filing Company
Timely patent filing is the need of the hour. With every passing minute people are chase of getting patent grant through inventions and innovations. Since, a patent grant not only gets you a hold on your invention, but also is a good source of monetary value. Our professionals at The Patent Filing Company work closely with you through the entire process of patent prosecution. We have a dedicated team which will help you through each and every phase right from filing till patent grant. At TPFC, we provide all the types of patent application preparation assistance, be it provisional, non-provisional or international patent application. Customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to us; hence, we provide multiple iterations and quick turn-around-time. To know more, do give a visit to The Patent Filing Company.